The Junior League of Philadelphia, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Empowering and equipping women to be catalysts for lasting community change.
- We value training and education that supports our mission and advances our personal and professional leadership skills for the betterment of the community.
- We value service, responsibility, and accountability and support each member’s ability to affect change in our community through leadership and voluntarism.
- We value partnership and collaboration to enhance and strengthen our relationship with the community.
- We value inclusion through our members’ diverse backgrounds, opinions, talents and skills.
- We value advocacy as a means for initiating change.
- We value the loyalty, personal commitment and dedication of our members in furthering the mission of the JLP.
- We value our members’ needs for flexibility in their League involvement.
AJLI D&I Statement
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.